Last Updated: December 22, 2022
If you are a California resident, please also see our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Scope and Purpose
This Policy applies to harmonic.ai and any other websites, applications, widgets, products, services, and other on- and offline offerings (collectively, the “Services”) owned and operated by Harmonic AI, Inc. and our affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, “Harmonic”). This Policy covers our treatment of the personal information we gather through our Services.
This Policy does not cover the data practices of third parties that we do not control.
What data do we collect?
The types of information we collect depends on how you use the Services. We also collect publicly available information, as described below.
Information you Provide
We collect personal information you provide to us directly through our Services. For instance, if you request a demo or sign up for updates through harmonic.ai, we will collect your email address to contact you.
Communications with Us
We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us, for example if you email or chat with our team with questions or support requests, we will collect your name, email address, and any personal information included in the body of your message. If you respond to a survey from Harmonic, we will collect the information provided in your response, which may include personal or contact information.
Note that we may also record customer support calls with your permission. If your support call is recorded, you will be notified on the call.
Information We Collect Automatically
We may collect certain information automatically when you use our Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, approximate location derived from IP address, and Internet Service Provider. We may also automatically collect information regarding your use of our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
Cookies and Other Automatic Collection Technologies
- Strictly Necessary. These technologies are necessary for the Services to function and cannot be turned off. You can set your browser to block these cookies, but some parts of the Services will not work.
- Functional. These technologies enable the Services to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, some functionality may not be available.
- Performance. These technologies allow us to understand more about our users so we can measure and improve the performance of our Services. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the Services. Information collected from these cookies is aggregated and not identifiable to individuals.
We use analytics tools, including Google Analytics, to gather data about our customers’ interactions with our Services in order to understand how our Services are used, improve the Services, and improve customer support.
If you’d like to opt-out of Google Analytics, we recommend installing Google’s browser add-on that can be found at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We may collect personal information (either directly from individuals or from other sources such as event hosts or co-sponsors) in an on- or offline capacity when we attend conferences, trade shows, and other events.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
To power our Services, we collect content which may include personal information about individuals from public sources, such as government websites and public-facing portions of social media websites.
We aggregate this data from publicly available sources to form firmographic profiles of organizations. This includes information that would be traditionally found on a public resume or professional profile such as name, location, professional history, certificates, and professional qualifications.
To opt out of this information collection, or to exercise other privacy rights, please see the Your Privacy Choices and Rights section of this Policy.
How does Harmonic use Personal Information?
How we use your personal information depends on how you interact with us. We use personal information for internal purposes, such as:
- Managing information and accounts
- Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Services
- Answering requests for customer or technical support
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Services, and policy changes
- Processing your financial information and other payment methods for products or Services purchased
- Allowing you to register for events
Marketing our Services
- Tailoring and providing you with content, such as email campaigns and social media content
Other Administrative Purposes
- Pursuing our legitimate interests such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Services
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Services
- Developing new products and Services
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety
- Authenticating and verifying individual identities, including requests to exercise your rights under this policy
- Debugging to identify and repair errors with our Services
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and other compliance activities
- Enforcing our agreements and policies
- Complying with our legal obligations
We may also use personal information for other purposes that are clearly disclosed to you at the time you provide personal information or with your consent, we also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
Automated Decision Making
We may engage in automated decision making, including profiling. Our processing of your personal information will not result in a decision based solely on automated processing that significantly affects you unless such a decision is necessary as part of a contract we have with you, we have your consent, or we are permitted by law to engage in such automated decision making. If you have questions about our automated decision making, you may contact us as set forth below.
How Does Harmonic Disclose Personal Information?
We disclose personal information in the following limited purposes:
We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who use that information to help us provide our Services, such as IT support, hosting, customer service, and related service providers.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or transition of service to another provider, personal information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction, as permitted by law and/or contract.
Protection of Harmonic and Others
We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Harmonic, our employees, our users, or others.
Your Privacy Choices and Rights
You may opt out of emails from us through the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of each email. Note that you may continue to receive transaction-related emails from us.
You may restrict cookies on your device by adjusting your preferences. Note that by restricting cookies, some features or areas of our Services may not work.
Depending on applicable law, you may have rights associated with your personal information, including:
- Data Access and Portability: You may request a copy of personal information we have about you in a portable format and/or request us to transfer all or some of this data to a third party.
- Correction of Data: You may request that we update, correct, or rectify personal information we have about you.
- Deletion of Data: You may request that we delete personal information we have about you.
- Restriction of or Object to Processing: You may have the right to opt in or opt out of certain uses of your personal information, or to object to all processing of your personal information.
- Supervisory Authority: If you are located in the European Economic Area, Switzerland, the United Kingdom or Brazil, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
We generally retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, financial, or reporting obligations, to establish or defend legal claims, or for compliance and protection purposes.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we may consider factors such as:
- The amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data
- The potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data
- The purposes for which we process your personal data
- Whether we can achieve those purposes through other means
- Applicable legal requirements
When we no longer require the personal data we have collected about you, we may either delete it, anonymize it, or isolate it from further processing.
Note that in some cases, even if you submit a data deletion request, we may be required to retain your personal data, such as to comply with the law; maintain records of transactions; exercise, establish, or defend legal claims; or protect against fraud or abuse of our systems.
International Data Transfers
All information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including, but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We take steps to safeguard your information consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
Our Services are not directed to children under 18 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
Changes to this policy
Questions or concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy in connection with the Services, please send us a detailed message at firstname.lastname@example.org.